CELTA Teacher Training
Awarded by the University of Cambridge, this highly recognized certification opens the doors to thousands of teaching opportunities around the world. This course is designed for individuals who would like to transition into the field of ESL/EFL domestically or internationally. It is also suitable for ESL/EFL teachers who have teaching experience but would like to grow their skill set and teaching qualifications.
Accredited by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) at Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the CELTA course far exceeds the international standards for professional level TEFL certifications. CELTA is widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by numerous organizations worldwide.
- Global Recognition: the CELTA certificate is recognized internationally
- Teach English Anywhere in the World!
- Lifetime Teaching Certification
- Learn to Teach by Teaching: Hands on experience designing and delivering lesson plans in a real classroom with instructor guidance
- Learn from Highly-Qualified and Experienced instructors
- Optimize your learning experience with Small Class Sizes
|Weekly Hours||40 hours per week|
|COURSE DATES||APPLICATION DEADLINES|
|January 29, 2018 – February 23, 2018||December 27, 2017|
|June 4, 2018 – June 29, 2018||May 4, 2018|
|September 24 – October 19, 2018||August 24, 2018|
|9:00am to 10:00am||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars|
CELTA is accepted by organizations which employ English language teachers throughout the world. It is also widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by:
- English language schools
- The voluntary sector
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Other educational institutions
The CELTA trainers conducting the course are seasoned veterans of ESL instruction who guide trainees in developing successful job search strategies. Each course includes a session hosted by the CELTA trainers on employment opportunities both abroad and in the United States.
Additionally, recruiters from countries like Chile, China, Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand regularly contact ICC Hawaii seeking CELTA graduates for their job postings.
- Submit completed CELTA application
- Minimum age of 20
- Complete mandatory pre-interview task and oral interview
- Possess level of education that would allow entrance into an institution of higher education in home country
- Have a high level of written and spoken English (proficiency)
- Maintain full attendance on the course without exceptions
- Should have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments and the assessment of practice teaching
1. Submit completed CELTA Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submit Pre-interview task to email@example.com
3. When task gets approved, participate in an interview in person or via Phone/Skype
4. Celta tuition is due two weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
please download our 2018 CELTA Flyer.