TEFL: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
TEFL is a teaching certificate for individuals interested in teaching English as a foreign language. Achieving this internationally accredited TEFL Certificate will broaden your opportunities to teach English as a second language abroad. With this certificate, you will not only qualify to teach in many countries around the world, but you will get a higher salary and better benefits than other non-certified teachers. You will learn the skills needed to be an effective teacher and will get high quality teaching jobs that require teachers with a degree or certification.
The online TEFL course is designed to offer flexibility to our students that wish to continue working while earning their TEFL certification. Online TEFL students can enjoy the flexibility of the course while being assured that the quality and professionalism of the course is not compromised. From day one, students will be fully engaged in the course and in discourse with the professor as well as their classmates. All courses are taught by highly qualified and experienced professors.
Both the Online and the Chicago based courses are accredited by TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) which assures that the courses meet international standards in quality and deliverance. All other programs offered by ICC Hawaii are accredited by CEA (The Commission of English Program Language Accreditation).
- Affordability: The fees for our online course have been designed to making teaching abroad within your reach and budget! Earn your TEFL degree hassle free without the additional expenses required of on-site courses (i.e., moving costs, including flights, accommodations, etc.)
- Flexibility: Over the 11 week course, you can create your own study schedule that fits your needs. Online TEFL course candidates enjoy a flexible daily schedule, but all candidates must submit tasks and peer participation by the assigned due dates
- Interactive and Hands-On: Although “live class time” is not required, students still get an interactive and hands-on experience with daily interaction with your professor and classmates via email and discussion boards
- Live Webcast: Your professor will host live webcast lectures that you are free to participate in. Each lecture will be taped and can be viewed at any time for students who are not able to attend
- Video Demonstrations: Each module will have corresponding video segments to compliment the reading materials
- Video Tutorials: Enrolled students will be provided with video tutorials on how to navigate different aspects of the course
- Live Office Hours: weekly “live chat” functions with your professor and other classmates are held to discuss topics and answer questions
- Support: there is continuous academic support, materials, and advice given through your certification process. Lifetime Job Search Guidance is also provided
- Qualified Instructors: the TEFL courses are moderated by highly qualified trainers with at least a Master’s Degree or PhD in the field and extensive professional experience
- User-Friendly: the course is hosted on the most popular online university platform, which is simple to use and is a great learning tool
2018 Online TEFL Course Schedule
|COURSE NUMBER||START DATE
|2018 Course 1||January 2, 2018||March 16, 2018|
|2018 Course 2||January 15, 2018||March 30, 2018|
|2018 Course 3||January 29, 2018||April 13, 2018|
|2018 Course 4||February 12, 2018||April 27, 2018|
|2018 Course 5||February 26, 2018||May 11, 2018|
|2018 Course 6||March 12, 2018||May 25, 2018|
|2018 Course 7||March 26, 2018||June 8, 2018|
|2018 Course 8||April 9, 2018||June 22, 2018|
|2018 Course 9||April 23, 2018||July 6, 2018|
|2018 Course 11||May 7, 2018||July 20, 2018|
|2018 Course 12||May 21, 2018||August 3, 2018|
|2018 Course 13||June 4, 2018||August 17, 2018|
|2018 Course 14||June 18, 2018||August 31, 2018|
|2018 Course 15||July 2, 2018||September 14, 2018|
|2018 Course 16||July 16, 2018||September 28, 2018|
|2018 Course 17||July 30, 2018||October 12, 2018||2018 Course 18||August 13, 2018||October 26, 2018||2018 Course 19||August 27, 2018||November 9, 2018||2018 Course 20||September 10, 2018||November 23, 2018||2018 Course 21||September 24, 2018||December 7, 2018||2018 Course 22||October 8, 2018||December 21, 2018||2018 Course 23||October 22, 2018||January 4, 2018||2018 Course 24||November 5, 2018||January 18, 2018||2018 Course 25||November 19, 2018||February 1, 2018||2018 Course 26||December 3, 2018||February 15, 2018||2018 Course 27||December 17, 2018||March 1, 2018||2018 Course 28||December 31, 2018||March 15, 2019|
- 11 week course online (12-15 hours of coursework per week)
- 20 hours of practicum (student teaching)
- Internationally accredited program
- Ultimate flexibility (study anytime from anywhere)
- Interactive online TEFL class with a university professor
- Class size limited to 20 students
FREE 30 hour Business Professionals & Young Learners optional add-on module (2 extra weeks)
International TEFL Academy provides all the materials needed for your certificate course. All materials are available online, No textbooks are needed to complete the course. However, students who wish to purchase the course textbook may do so in a paperback or PDF format.
Paperback Version Price: $ 67.95 plus tax and shipping
PDF Version Price: $44.95 plus tax, no shipping
- All course training units
- Resource Pack consisting of examples of ESOL exercises and lessons
- Comprehensive back to basics grammar
- Games pack: tried and tested lessons at various levels complete with teacher guides and student materials
- Lessons pack: tried and tested lessons at various levels complete with teacher guides and student materials
- Certificate upon successful completion of course
- Links to online teaching resources
To successfully complete the online TEFL certification course, each candidate must complete 20 hours of teaching practicum. These practicum hours allow each candidate to gain first-hand experience working with and teaching real ESL students in a variety of different settings.
Students will be provided with guidance and resources for completing the practicum. Opportunities to complete the practicum can typically be arranged in your own community in these types of venues, which often offer ESL classes:
- Community centers
- Community colleges
- Language schools
- Faith-based groups that offer ESL classes
We encourage students to complete these hours while they are still enrolled in the course, so that the candidate will be able to immediately apply and practice what they are learning in the online class. While this is encouraged, we also allow a 30 day extension period after the course to complete the practicum hours.
All students will receive comprehensive lifetime job search guidance to assist in finding a career abroad. Students receive:
- Personal guidance from an experienced Job Search Advisor – Our expert Job Search Advisors are available to speak with you and correspond by email to address all of your questions and to assist you with every aspect of your job search from writing your resume/CV and cover letter, to coaching you on the interview process in different markets, to helping you assess which destinations might be the best fit for you.
- ESL job search manual: All of our graduates receive a manual detailing all relevant information for major job markets around the world, including hiring seasons, academic standards, and the interview process as well as templates for resumes and cover letters. This manual also incorporates extensive listings of online resources, including nearly 100 ESL international job boards listing thousands of teaching opportunities around the world.
- ESL worldwide school directory: We will send you a directory of approximately 10,000 schools worldwide that you can contact directly regarding employment opportunities.
- Referrals to preferred recruiters, placement agencies and language schools
The International TEFL certificate is only awarded to those candidates who successfully complete all tasks, including peer participation, thematic unit, and practicum. Your TEFL certificate will include your final grade, total class hours, total practicum hours, and our accreditations.
REGISTRATION FEE: $175 WAIVED!