- A communicative approach to learning. The communicative approach is an interactive approach of teaching language that provides opportunities for students to engage in real-life communication and to communicate in meaningful ways about meaningful topics in a second language.
- Tailoring academic programs to meet the individual needs of our students, taking into consideration their unique goals, learning styles and abilities.
- Providing curriculum, activities and housing options to help ease the transition in each student’s relocation process. ICC Hawaii provides a warm, full-service support system to assist students with all their needs during their stay so they can experience the full enjoyment of Hawaii.
- Promoting cultural understanding and appreciation through providing culturally oriented education and activities. Through these elements, students can gain a better understanding of U.S. culture and learn to fully appreciate the beauty, history and culture of Hawaii and its outdoor life.
- Providing an intercultural experience through maintaining a diverse student body and maximizing student interaction with one another.
- Assisting with transitions to academic institutions for those who wish to pursue higher education in the US.