CELTA Teacher Training
Awarded by the University of Cambridge, this highly recognized certification opens the doors to thousands of teaching opportunities around the world. This course is designed for individuals who would like to transition into the field of ESL/EFL domestically or internationally. It is also suitable for ESL/EFL teachers who have teaching experience but would like to grow their skill set and teaching qualifications.
Accredited by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) at Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the CELTA course far exceeds the international standards for professional level TEFL certifications. CELTA is widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by numerous organizations worldwide.
- Global Recognition: the CELTA certificate is recognized internationally
- Teach English Anywhere in the World!
- Lifetime Teaching Certification
- Learn to Teach by Teaching: Hands on experience designing and delivering lesson plans in a real classroom with instructor guidance
- Learn from Highly-Qualified and Experienced instructors
- Optimize your learning experience with Small Class Sizes
January 17, 2017
June 5, 2017
August 14, 2017
September 11, 2017
October 16, 2017
January 29, 2018
|Weekly Hours||40 hours per week|
|COURSE DATES||APPLICATION DEADLINES|
|January 17, 2017 – February 10, 2017||December 28, 2016|
|June 5, 2017 – June 30, 2017||May 5, 2017|
|August 14, 2017 – September 8, 2017||July 15, 2017|
|September 11, 2017 – October 6, 2017||August 12, 2017|
|October 16, 2017 – November 10, 2017||September 15, 2017|
|January 29, 2018 – February 23, 2018||January 5, 2018|
|9:00am to 10:00am||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning||Assisted Lesson Planning|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback||Teaching Practice and Feedback|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars||Content Seminars|
CELTA is accepted by organizations which employ English language teachers throughout the world. It is also widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by:
- English language schools
- The voluntary sector
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Other educational institutions
The CELTA trainers conducting the course are seasoned veterans of ESL instruction who guide trainees in developing successful job search strategies. Each course includes a session hosted by the CELTA trainers on employment opportunities both abroad and in the United States.
Additionally, recruiters from countries like Chile, China, Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand regularly contact ICC Hawaii seeking CELTA graduates for their job postings.
- Submit completed CELTA application
- Minimum age of 20
- Complete mandatory pre-interview task and oral interview
- Possess level of education that would allow entrance into an institution of higher education in home country
- Have a high level of written and spoken English (proficiency)
- Maintain full attendance on the course without exceptions
- Should have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments and the assessment of practice teaching
- Submit completed CELTA Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Pre-interview task to email@example.com
- When task gets approved, participate in an interview in person or via Phone/Skype
- After application is fully accepted, pay $100 deposit within 10 days of acceptance. (Note: Remainder of the tuition fees will be due 30 days before course start date).
please download our CELTA Teacher Training Flyer.